Investing in Bitcoin, or any cryptocurrency, is not for the faint of heart. Originally launched in 2009, Bitcoin has climbed and crashed several times over the years.
But none of this compares to the rollercoaster ride that started in 2017. It culminated recently with an incredible…
A New Year, A New Look
What better way to start a new year than with the launch of a brand-new website? After months of planning, design iterations and content development, FundCount’s new website is live!
Overhauling a company website is a BIG undertaking. Just ask any company that has done it. FundCount’s website was no exception, but we are proud of the results. More importantly, we hope the site’s streamlined design and ease of navigation will help existing and prospective clients explore the full capabilities of FundCount.
We invite you to visit our regularly updated resources section, which has articles, blogs and thought leadership content to help you stay informed. Or, read the many case studies that highlight the value FundCount brings to clients. And, don’t forget to check out our press release section for the latest news.
Want additional details about the new website?
FundCount continues to see sales accelerate despite the Covid-19 pandemic. Sales were particularly strong in North America; and the AsiaPacific region fueled client growth well beyond expectations.
Activity in both the family office space and private equity sector is driving growth. In fact, the private equity sector showed a strong recovery beyond pre-Covid activity levels as organizations have become more active in pursuit of opportunities following a “wait-and-see” approach at the start of the pandemic.
Representative new clients include:
- A Canadian-based multi-family office that needed to improve the efficiency and timeliness of delivering multicurrency consolidations.
- An Australian-based private equity firm that wanted to realize both economies of scale from its IT ecosystem as it grows and find a reliable provider for the associated IT infrastructure. A core requirement was a unified platform that avoided data duplication and the associated intersystem reconciliations.
- A U.S.-based private equity firm that wanted to bring its accounting and investment management systems up to date to provide faster and more accurate reporting. A key requirement of this large operation was the need to limit risk within the procurement and implementation processes.
- A U.S.-based single family office that wanted a more efficient and robust means of managing and reporting on the value of its investment portfolio. Flexibility in analyzing assets at a very granular level with customized attributes was a key requirement.
As our client base continues to expand, so does our FundCount team. We’re kicking off 2021 at full throttle, with expanded roles and new employees.
Ashley Whittaker, who joined FundCount in May 2018 to lead sales in EMEA, is now President, Global Sales. He leads a sales team focused on achieving rapid organic growth to ensure that FundCount remains a tier one vendor in an industry that has been consolidating.
“We are intently focused on addressing the real concerns of potential clients in the procurement and implementation processes as well as continually enhancing our software,” said Ashley. “FundCount is well-positioned to become a major industry disruptor, providing a software solution and top-level service that deliver tangible benefits to clients more quickly.”
Carissa Turnell recently joined FundCount as Director of Professional Services. Leading FundCount’s global software implementation and client service groups, Carissa will ensure clients receive the highest level of customer service throughout all phases of implementation, and continuing with post-implementation support.
We would also like to welcome a slew of new “FundCounters” around the globe, including a controller, a human resources manager, custodian relationship manager, implementations manager, business analyst, account manager and project coordinator.
Monthly Webinars (Clients Only)
FundCount offers monthly webinars as part of our commitment to helping clients understand and use FundCount to its full capacity. These free 30-minute, client-only webinars explore specific capabilities of the system.
Upcoming webinars include:
- February 17 – How to Use OCR to Aggregate Data From Alternative Fund Managers
- March 17 – Unveiling the Power of Performance Reporting
- April 21 – Demystifying Complex Master-Feeder and Inter-Entity Structures in FundCount
All FundCount clients will receive an email to register approximately two weeks before each webinar. Webinars begin at 10:30 am ET (3:30 pm GMT). We hope you will join us for these educational and informative webinars.
Awards and Accolades
FundCount is pleased to have won the following award:
2020 bobsguide Awards
Best Hedge Fund System
FundCount is shortlisted in the following upcoming awards:
Best Multi-Asset Class Portfolio Management System
Best General Ledger System
Best Partnership Accounting System
Family Wealth Report 2021 Awards
Winners will be announced in a virtual awards ceremony on February 10th for the Private Asset Management Awards and on May 6th for the Family Wealth Report Awards. Stay tuned!